- About this course
About this course
In this course, you will follow two Journeys, and work through tasks that will support you to learn some facts and perspectives of the lives of people from various cultures. It is expected that while working through this resource, you will have a desire to read more and learn more of challenges that these people face in their everyday lives.
This is a Safe Space and while in this environment, you should feel safe to give your honest answers to any questions. This resource is the beginning of your cultural knowledge journey.
What will I be learning?
In this course you will be learning about:
- The meaning of culture and a reflection on your own cultural identity and predispositions.
- Awareness of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander culture, history and language
- Ways to communicate effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- What is cultural identity and cultural knowledge
- How to nurture cross-cultural understanding and an environment that supports all cultures.
The icons below will help you to understand how to follow the Journeys.
In Journey 1 we will begin by looking at cultural identity.
In Journey 2 we look at the many types of cultural identity in Australia.
- Cultural integrity scale
Cultural integrity scale