Accessing Cultural Support Workers for early childhood services in Queensland
Multicultural Development Association (MDA) services
MDA is a specialist Queensland based multicultural agency working towards an inclusive, united, multicultural society. MDA’s Bicultural Support Service (BSS) team works alongside Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) educators throughout Queensland to meet the specific needs of children and families from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds. BSS provides mentoring, role modelling, professional conversations and practical support enabling services to gain skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully include children and families from CALD backgrounds.
Cultural Support Workers (CSW) assist educators to settle children from culturally diverse backgrounds into new childcare environments by supporting communication, working to create an inclusive environment and providing cultural insight that many services are otherwise not able to access.
BSS can help by providing:
- A CSW to assist educators to settle a child into the care environment by sharing knowledge, language experiences and modelling culturally sensitive practices.
- Language support and cultural assistance onsite or via technology.
- Telephone or email based support to answer your day to day questions.
- A Cultural Guide to support staff knowledge through cross cultural information and guidance
- “Cultural Conversations” led by experienced facilitator at staff meetings to address specific concerns or interests around diverse cultural practices
- Facilitation of professional conversations to enhance cultural competence and inclusive service delivery
Fax: (07) 3337 5444
Website: MDA Ltd
Access Community Language Assistance Service
Community Language Assistance (CLA) service is a language support service provided onsite and over the phone by non-accredited individuals who can provide language support and also bring cultural knowledge.
This service has a fee and bookings can be made in advance.
For further information contact Bela Bharadwaj on (07) 3412 9934 or 0437 291 740, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all general enquiries contact reception on (07) 3412 9999 more information or click the Access Community Language Assistant Service.