The formal mentoring program that facilitated Nicki and Lisa’s partnership has not received the funding necessary for it to continue. Nicki has taken it upon herself to draft a letter urging the continued support of the program. Her message is simple and she reads it to Lisa for her input.
17 November 2008
8 Morella St
Diturie, QLD, 4918
Over the past 18 months I have enjoyed a rewarding mentoring partnership. This partnership was made possible by the CIRAS Mentoring Program. My mentor and I believe the benefits of this program are far reaching and we urge you to continue funding it in the future.
Mentoring contributes to the:
- increased effectiveness of services
- cost-effective development of skills and sharing of knowledge
- recognition of experienced people who feel more valued
- enhanced communication and understanding within our organisation and with others
- improved retention of employees and volunteers
- highly effective support of staff from diverse backgrounds
- culture of growth and professional development.
When mentoring is conducted successfully, everyone benefits – the mentee, mentor and the organisations we are a part of.
Examine how each stage shapes the interactions we have in a relationship.
Benefits of mentoring