Safe use of equipment
The health and safety of all persons is important when using equipment. This includes the user, those nearby, and those who will use the equipment in future. Basic safety considerations relate directly to your obligations under the Queensland Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995.
Safety considerations may include:
- selecting the right equipment for the task
- operating it correctly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines
- following health and safety instructions and using any protective equipment provided
- not misusing equipment, or using it for purposes other than that for which it is intended
- reporting any damage, or problems with the operation of equipment.
Safety instructions can normally be found in the operating manual, attached or marked on equipment itself, or posted nearby.
Use equipment safely