In order to fulfil your duty of care, you must know how to participate in workplace health and safety management according to the procedures of your own work setting. You must also know how to do this within the scope of your own responsibilities and knowledge.
As a Communities and Disability Services worker, some of the ways in which you can contribute to participative arrangements could include:
- reviewing policies and procedures
- consultation and issue resolution procedures
- critical incident debriefing
- ‘buddying’ new staff or volunteers
- taking up a formal role relating WHS arrangements.
Participation in WHS
Review a policy and procedure