Supporting WHS processes
All workers are required to support workplace health and safety processes that are in place. Supporting these processes may involve:
- complying with policies and procedures
- following written and verbal instructions
- reporting hazards and incidents
- taking appropriate measures to reduce risks
- completing and submitting forms.
Documentation of the WHS management process in your setting will depend on your workplace policies and procedures. It could include:
- Information on safe work procedures, e.g. manual handling, infection control, and emergency procedures.
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities. It is important that you understand your position, as well as that of others.
- Records of accidents, incidents and hazards, as well as subsequent control measures taken.
- Records of activities such as equipment maintenance and safety audits (formal inspections).
- Training records and induction checklists.
Your participation in discussion of documentation is important. You can ask questions to clarify anything you do not fully understand, and put forward suggestions as a team member.
Supporting the WHS process