Working with a client for any length of time requires assessment of the services provided by your organisation (or any other agency to which you have referred your client) to ensure you have dealt with the client’s needs in an holistic sense. Check that:
- the service has enhanced the client’s self-esteem
- you have assisted the client to achieve the goals
- the service has increased the knowledge and skills that the client needs to solve problems
- support workers have provided effective role models.
For services to be effective, attention should be paid to the following areas:
- Clients’ progress or outcomes are tracked.
- Clients’ file notes are complete and up to date.
- Each client’s stage of decision-making is documented.
- Workers and organisations implement reflective practice strategies.
- Feedback is sought from clients.