This section has identified appropriate responses to people who are vulnerable and at significant risk. It has included children and young people.
The following strategies for response were discussed:
- Apply appropriate information collection mechanisms and assessment tools to establish the degree of risk, neglect or harm.
- Assess the priority need for intervention.
- Implement appropriate procedures to prevent escalation of any potential emergency or crisis.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies and crises according to your organisation's procedures and in accordance with duty of care.
- Follow relevant State/Territory legislation, your organisation's policies and procedures and duty of care obligations in responding to indicators.
Last modified: Monday, 14 October 2013, 12:13 PM