This section covered the provision of a brief intervention as required by the client, including:
- assessing a client’s need for intervention and the type of brief intervention required
- using brief intervention strategies that match the client’s stage of change
- complying with cultural obligations that influence the use of brief intervention with particular clients
- employing strategies to motivate, support and encourage the client
- identifying current needs and sources of assistance, and providing support as appropriate.
Last modified: Thursday, 5 September 2013, 1:47 PM