Complete training, development and careers section
Working in the social service sector is growth career with workers needed nationwide. The sector will create one in four jobs by 2018, according to statistics by the Community Services and Health Industry Skills Council.
As well as providing excellent job prospects in the
major cities, rural and regional areas have particularly
high demand for community workers and is an option
new graduates are encouraged to explore.
The Australian Community Workers Association has created a useful factsheet about careers in community work.
The Australian Association of Social Workers has a useful guide on planning your career within the social service sector.
Idealist Careers have a range of resources on their site with tips and advice on careers in the social service sector.
Job search websites for the community services sector
- Queensland Council of Social Service jobs board
- Australian Council of Social Service jobs board
- Department of Communities Careers
- Queensland Government jobs
- Ethical Jobs
- Community Careers
- Care Careers
- Aged Care Online
- Australian Community Workers Association job central
- Peakcare Queensland jobs board
- Youth Affairs Network of Queensland jobs board
- Australian Jobsearch
- Career One
- My Career
- LinkedIn Community Service jobs
Career development and training websites
- Study Now - find a study or training option suited to your needs
- Health and Community Services Workforce Council - workforce support and training for the community services sector
- My Future provides advice and information about career planning and education.
- Skilling Solutions Queensland is a State Government initiative to help you get the qualifications you need to succeed in today’s competitive job market. It’s all about helping you open doors to new employment opportunities.
- Community Services and Health Industry Skills Council provides the direction for workforce development for Australia’s Community Services and Health industry.
- International Association for Public Participation promotes and improves the practice of public participation or community engagement. They list upcoming training opportunities, events and awards
- Complete another course on the Community Door eTraining
My Community Directory allows you to search for specific services or programs in your area
OzCare - community support services
Vinnies - find help directory
Queensland Government Community support
Access to Queensland community care services
Case studies of social service workers on the ground