Why should I take this course?
This eTraining course is based on the HSQF Quality Pathway Training Program: a set of resources aimed at supporting service providers to understand and implement a quality system, work through the review process against the standards and implement continuous improvement.
The primary audience for this program is the people responsible for the implementation of quality systems in service provider organisations funded by the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services. In general, this will be senior managers or quality managers, but may also include Board members, team leaders and other staff positions.
The content of this course is supplemented by the various tools and resources available on the HSQF pages of Community Door.
On completing this eTraining program, participants will:
- Understand the core concepts of quality management
- Be familiar with the steps and techniques for implementing quality management in a service
- Know how to engage customers and stakeholders in providing feedback
- Know how to plan for and conduct a self-assessment and gap analysis against quality standards
- Know how to plan for and undertake an external audit
- Understand the maintenance of quality and continuous quality improvement for their service
Please note that the Queensland Council of Social Service is not a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and therefore this course is not accredited.