Section 1: Contribute to the effective operation of the work group
There are a variety of factors which impact on community services organisations, their running and their structure, and on the employees who work for them. To effectively operate in the work group, a support worker must be familiar with these factors and their responsibilities within the organisation.
This section looks at how to contribute to the effective operation of the work group including:
- types of services organisations deliver
- roles in the organisation and what determines these roles and responsibilities
- implications for support workers including policies and procedures, code of conduct, quality and their responsibility to the organisation and to clients
- available support for fulfilling the role
- effective communication
- resources required for fulfilling the role
- basic workplace health and safety requirements.